Four weeks ago I applied for employment in our local hospital. Finally, I received a message inviting me for an orientation. I’ve been really bumming around for quite some time and this news got me wholly excited. Today’s actually the first of my 3-day orientation. No, make that “
our” 3-day orientation because I’m with 40 other nurses hopeful for employment.
Hospital physical tour, personnel acquaintance, and a lecture of service policies make up the three-day orientation. Now, the cherry on top is an examination which defines it all. So I really have to be listening and should familiarize all the topics. Quite actually it is nerve-racking for me and I never felt this since board exam results. I certainly need to be on the job. I’ve had enough of spending time aimlessly, and thoughts of triviality. This will be my ticket to jump-start the life I envisioned mine to be.
A number of my batch mates took a detour from the nursing profession on a temporary note. Some became medical representatives, others ventured on modest business opportunities, but most entered call center agencies. I for one thought of becoming a call center agent myself. It’s a good training ground and from what I’ve heard the pay is a worthy price. However, I couldn’t consider being away from home for another while and besides the call to practice nursing without delay rings a bell strongly.
"I certainly need to be on the job ... This will be my ticket to jump-start the life I envisioned mine to be."
Opportunity hollers at me and must grab it with both hands. I am filled with hopeful anticipation through this journey. Patience is of the essence. Nonetheless, I must put my best foot forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment