The K-Pop phenomenon has landed to the Philippines and U-KISS is one group not to miss. U-KISS stands for Ubiquitous Korean International (Idol) Super Star. They started their musical career back in 2008 under NH Media. The seven-member group is composed of Alexander, Soo Hyun, Ki Bum, Kiseop, Eli, Kevin and Dong Ho. Moreover, with their 'electropop' feel of music, enticing pop-and-lock moves, and charisma, they captured the hearts of some K-Pop crazy Filipinos [including me].
He's just so adorable in this photo, isn't he?. Teehee I am referring to Alexander [in photo]. This entry is inspired by him actually. Among the boys, he really got my interest the most. So, out of curiosity, I made some background research. To my surprise, Alexander actually speaks 7 different languages at varying degrees including Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin Chinese), Korean and English. (Source: U-KISS) He must be very intelligent.
I initially thought that he may have some Filipino blood running through his veins. Take note of his name, Alexander Lee Eusebio. Additionally, I find him not having that conventional Korean look. But from their recent concert held at the Araneta Coliseum Alexander confirmed that his great grandfather is a Spanish descendant from the Philippines, hence their family name Eusebio. Well I guess, that makes him Filipino but not really. Err.
Honestly, I envy Alexander for knowing all these languages. Aside from his charm and intelligence, I also like his spontaneity, his sharpness as a host, and wisecracks from their TV show Pops in Seoul aired in Arirang TV.
Since I am not-so-crazy about K-Pop I started learning the Korean language online a few months ago. But generally I really find it difficult to learn the rules, pronunciation, and using the words in a sentence correctly. I think I'm going to need a real tutor to learn it effectively. Someday imma be fluent with Korean.

No comments:
Post a Comment