Monday, June 7, 2010

melvonn: reminiscent

Sigh. I am really sad that I don’t get to see my friends as often, like everyday, back in college. All the fun adventures, return demo worries, distressing encounters, and unprompted escapades are now distant realities. Looking back with all the memories I’ve had only makes me heave a loud sigh right at the end. Needless to say, that I [without a doubt] miss my friends so much.

Months have passed since we celebrated our college commencement. After spending years of hard-work for our education it has finally come to an end. But to me besides the feeling of joy for this significant achievement is the feeling of melancholy. From the time when we started to practice for the graduation ceremony, I looked forward to the moment when I won’t be together with them similar to before with gloom. Just the thought of it brought coldness to my emotion; it even made me teary-eyed for a time. It made me wonder how it would be like without their company. The loud chit-chats, the spontaneous outbursts of laughter, the funny gossips, the *emo-like moments and even the sarcasm and mockery made me miss them even more. “It’ll never be the same again”, I said to myself. [There I go again with the sigh.]

Although we manage to keep-in-touch everyday it’s just not the same without their presence. To hear their voice and to see the look on their faces is something I’d be hopeful of. When will that be?

This was during our Pinning and Awarding Ceremony.
Photo courtesy of Kris Angela Del Mundo

~~Just to end this on a positive note. I do recognize that we still have something to attest for ourselves, which is the incoming NLE. So, I bid you my good luck and God bless for the forthcoming review and board examination. Let us prove ourselves soon-to-be Registered Nurses. We can do this! Almost certainly, we’ll see each other again on our Oath taking and with that, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment